After your vows, one of the most memorable aspects of a wedding for your guests is the entertainment you choose for the reception. Whether you pick an instrumental musician, an upbeat band, or an eclectic DJ, you want to ensure that your entertainer will perfectly accompany the mood and setting of your wedding at Nanina’s. Here are a few guidelines for choosing the best wedding entertainment:
- Ask Us: After hosting 100s of weddings of all types and sizes, we’ve built up a large list of performers and DJ’s to recommend to you. Since we are here to realize all of the details of your wedding, we can make informed recommendations for the entertainment that are ideal for your reception.
- Public Liability Insurance: If hiring a professional band or musician, make sure they have valid public liability insurance.
- Do Your Research: With some bands charging in the thousands for wedding receptions, make sure you’re choosing the right band by meeting with them first, either by seeing them live or meeting face-to-face so you can make sure they understand what you expect of them.
- Have A Contract: Get in writing from the band, performer, or DJ what their fees include, their start and finish times, and any extra fees the performers might require so you know in advance how much your entertainment will cost. Also, be sure to include in the contract cancellation fees and have a contingency plan in place if the performer falls ill the day of your wedding.
- Requests: On your big day, you’re likely going to have certain songs you’ll want to hear. If hiring a band or musical performer, make sure early on if they will be willing to take requests. If they already have a set list of pre-determined songs, you might want to go with another performer or a DJ who can play the exact set of songs you want to hear at your reception.
- Price: Since music is a key element in setting the atmosphere for your reception, do not fall for the temptation of choosing the cheapest option because with all aspects of your wedding, you get what you pay for and the cheaper DJ’s and performers can end up being a disaster. At the same time, avoid performers who over-inflate their costs.
By going through these simple steps, you can weed out the less-desirable options and find a DJ or performer who can truly create an amazing feeling for your reception. Whether you want something upbeat and fun like a rock band or DJ or more formal like a harpist or string quartet, we’re here to help you find the best solution for your budget. We are event planners after all, so please speak to us for recommendations!